Google home It is one of the best applications for creating smart homes that exists today. With it, you can control all the smart devices you have at home via Wi-Fi connection. It doesn’t matter if it’s your smart TV with Google TV, doors, lamps, robot vacuum cleaners, etc. . With Google Home, you have all the control in one place.
Of course, it’s important to note that in order to use Google Home, all of the devices you’re trying to manipulate must be compatible with the service. Fortunately, there are thousands of devices on the market from countless manufacturers that are compatible with Google Home.
How to Access Google Home
To be able to access Google Home, all you have to do is download the application from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store.
Basically, any user with a Gmail account, a smartphone with the Google Home app installed, and at least one home appliance or smart home device can use this service.
In addition to being able to manage all the devices with an Internet connection at home and being able to schedule their hours of use, activate or deactivate them remotely, etc., with Google Home, you can also perform other interesting uses.
Main functions of Google Home
– You can use the Home system as a remote control to control a wide variety of electronic devices.
– You’ll use unique commands through Google Home to make video calls through services like Google Duo and Nest Audio.
– Set up Google products like Nest Cam, Chromecast, Nest Hub Max, etc.
– Synchronize all your speakers to control them in the same room, in different rooms simultaneously or to create an intercom system.
– Allow your guests to control your devices through the house.
– Access and manage rewards and discounts offered by utility companies.
– Improve the experience of using the Google Assistant by adding your preferences.
– Turn on and off all the lights in your home or schedule them to do so automatically at a certain time.
The best devices for Google Home
Smart thermostats are a great option because they will allow you to have your home perfectly acclimatized. Depending on the time of day and the outside temperature, the home’s heating or cooling cycles will alternate.
You can also take advantage of doorbells and surveillance cameras. From Google Home you will have access to the device platform to view any area of your home whenever you want from the comfort of your smartphone.
Another differentiating factor is that Google Home can control smart home cleaning equipment such as robot vacuums. Would you like to have a clean floor when you return from work? Just grab your mobile, select the vacuum cleaner and draw a cleaning route to have everything sparkling clean when you return.
As if that weren’t enough, you can also save electricity with smart plugs. Depending on the equipment you connect, you can control the power consumption, metering it or removing it completely if you find that the device no longer needs charging.
Is it mandatory to buy a Google Nest?
You don’t need to have a Google Nest, but you can buy whatever gear you want, just make sure it’s compatible with Google Home so you don’t waste your money. Now the advantage Google Nest gives you is that it will automatically pair at home, you won’t have to do any manual pairing, which is helpful.
Google Nest products reassure consumers that they’re ready to go out of the box, it’s all about turning on and using. You won’t have to download the Home app or anything similar, they’ll be ready from the factory to use the Google system.