notion is one of the best apps for improving productivity that exists today. Basically, we can say that this useful tool is an upgraded version of apps like Evernote or Google Keep. With Notion, you won’t just be able to write notes, you can also use it as a task manager or as a system for designing web pages and wikis.
Notion was launched in 2018 and its development was entrusted to Notion Labs Inc. Today, this powerful software has become one of the main options for many companies and individual users.
One of the great things about Notion is that apart from having a mobile app, it is also available for use on computers. Plus, everything you do in Notion will be saved in the cloud, meaning you can sync all your projects and access them from any device. Then you will know everything you can do with this amazing tool.
Main features of Notion
Notion not only works for creating notes but also serves as a platform for managing projects and even for generating web pages.
First, you should know that to use Notion, you can start from scratch or use a template. Later, you might notice that a very distinctive feature of Notion is that everything is organized by blocks.
The consequence of the above is that its appearance is very similar to that of any web page. For example, each piece of content, i.e. paragraphs, images, to-do lists, among others, is distributed in blocks. You can modify them at will, download files, share them to modify them together and much more.
How Notion Works
Notion is available for mobile devices and computers. Moreover, like the various Google Workspace services, it is cloud-based. This way, you can access your projects from any device and even work on them collaboratively with other users remotely.
Using Notion is like building a website. You start by developing one page, then you generate others that are linked to each other. On the other hand, it is worth mentioning that in Notion you have two areas, one for work and the other for private. Although the information you share in the workspace is public, the content in your private space will only be accessible to people you authorize.
Tips for getting the most out of Notion
While Notion is an app that doesn’t require such a steep learning curve, the reality is that its feature count can be overwhelming at times. For this reason, in the following guide, you will find information on tips for organizing information effectively to get the most out of the application.
– Use headers: it is one of the best methods to organize a huge amount of information. In Notion, you have three types of headings, each with a different numbering from 1 to 3 depending on the size of the heading. From H1 for the biggest titles to H3 for the smallest.
– Rearrange text blocks: the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+down/up arrow is great for reordering blocks of text up or down in the editor. It is also extremely useful for moving headers, checkboxes, list items, among others.
– Use Toggle Blocks: they are really useful when your pages are full of information. To use toggle blocks, all you have to do is activate the “/toggle. You can also add a square bracket (>) followed by a space on a blank line.
– Create sub-pages: Notion’s sub-pages feature allows you to incorporate sub-categories that serve to expand on the main topics in an organized way. To generate a sub-page you just have to write the command “/page” and you will be immediately redirected to a new section. You can add a title and new information to it.
– Use color codes to categorize information: One of the best features of Notion is its flexibility in terms of variety of formats. In this sense, the editing palette can be a great help in ordering information using color codes. You can choose to change the text color or the background color.